Portable Teambuilding Activities: Games, Initiatives, and Team Challenges for Any Space
CHRIS CAVERT & FRIENDS
SIZE: 7.75 x 9.25
PAGE COUNT: 234
An evocative list—FUN, choice of challenge, discussion, compassion, self-efficacy, respect, acceptance, integrity, discovery, teamwork—all integral parts of experiential/adventure education. Did you notice the bold first word in this magic list? Fortunately, Chris Cavert, is a dedicated FUN magnet, and your welcoming guide to active participation (from the Foreword by Karl Rohnke).
This book is filled with a variety of teambuilding activities with a range of challenge levels.These activities can be used with middle and high school students, college students, and adult groups of all ages and backgrounds. Most of the challenges require easy-to-find props and equipment, others require some extra effort before you play. All the activities can be resources to add to powerful and positive pro-social development programs.
If you can answer “Yes” to any one of the following questions, then we can confidently say, “This book IS for you.”
• Are you an educator or counselor of middle or high school students interested in building a stronger community in your classroom, gym, or school?
• Do you work with adult populations helping them build stronger teams, communities, and workplace relationships?
• Are you an adventure education facilitator working with groups of all ages on challenge courses, teambuilding programs, and wilderness trips?
• Do you want to make a positive impact on the social development of the people you teach and the people with which you work?
• Are you interested in making the space around you, and even the world, a more peaceful place to live?
• Are you willing to “approach each new person you meet in a spirit of adventure?”
Table of Contents
Section One: Initiative Tests
The DaKine Game
Noodle Lock & Key Tag
One More Chance
Surfing the Web
Word Circle Puzzles
There & Back
Pressure Play Too
Knot Around Here
Section Two: Notable Variations
What Can You Make of It, Too?
Noodle Speed Rabbit
Eye Contact Partner Tag
Ship to Shore
Team Flashback Tag
Flashback Tag Unlimited
What Are Your Chickens
Bull Ring, Clipping In
Traffic Jam: Puzzling Norms
Section Three: Portable Elements
Flip the Tube
Find Your Island
The Great Hole Tarp
PVCystem Portable Elements Kit Make It in 4 Steps
Lines of Communication
The Web We Weave (a.k.a., Rope Pass)
One Way (a.k.a., Spider Web)
Double Pass Spider Web
Horizontal Spider Web
Appendix A: Facilitated Objectives
List of Activities/Alphabetized
Appendix B: Equipment Needs
Appendix C: Calvinball
About the Author